Let’s kick off the cake decorating series with this wonderful carrot cake cupcake recipe!!!
200 grams (7 oz.) raw carrots
40 grams (1.4 oz.) raw unsalted walnuts
180 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
A small pinch ground cloves
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 large eggs
120 grams (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons) white granulated sugar
A pinch of salt
120 ml (1/2 cup) grams canola oil
Step 1 – Prepare the Ingredients
– First, peel the carrots then grate them using the small holes of the grater
– Chop the walnuts
– Remove the tip and pits of dates, then chop them into small pieces
Step 2 – Make the Batter
– In a sifter, combine the flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and a pinch of ground cloves. Sift into a large bowl.
– In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, the sugar, and a pinch of salt. Whip with a hand mixer for around 3 minutes until you get a thick whitish mixture.
– Slowly add the canola oil while beating continuously for another 2 minutes.
– Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture 1/3 at time. Use your spatula to fold the ingredients in a gentle circular movement, from top to bottom, so we keep the nice fluffy volume of the whipped eggs.
– Once the batter is smooth and creamy, add the grated carrots, chopped walnuts, and dates. Continue folding the ingredients until well incorporated.
Step 3 – Bake the Cupcakes
– Place a piping bag in a wide cup and pour the cake batter in it.
– Cut the tip of the piping bag and pipe the batter in cupcake liners that you already placed in your cupcake baking pan.
– Fill the cupcakes liners 2/3 of the way full as the cupcakes will puff up when baked!
– Bake in a preheated oven to 360 F / 180 C for about 25 minutes.
– Once done insert a knife in the center of a cupcake. The knife should come out clean, that’s how you know the cupcakes are ready! If not, you have to bake them longer.
Step 4 – Prepare the Cream Cheese Frosting
– Watch the video on how to prepare the cream cheese frosting.
Step 5 – Make it Yummy!
– Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, top them with some yummy cream cheese frosting and sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top!